As one of the principle pillars of the Foundation, Durham County Cricket Foundations education programme is supported by the Esh Charitable Trust, Cestria Community Housing, Northumbrian Water Ltd, Port of Tyne and Sunderland Unviersity.
Last year the Foundation's Education programmes had contact with over 60 schools, over 2000 people across the community, delivering nearly 2000 hours of educational activity. The programmes are now being delivered under the new initiative ‘Learning Beyond the Boundary’.
Durham County Cricket Foundation works with twenty four schools a year, interacting with over 1000 young people.
The Learning Beyond the Boundary team are constantly developing new and innovative programmes to enhance the learning of young people in the North East. Example of programmes that are currently available are:
• Learning Beyond the Boundary XL – an extended programme for young people to develop literacy, numeracy and ICT skills, the aims are specifically targeted to the group involved.
• Cricket Maths Challenges – teams of young people work together to solve numeracy problems in the context of cricket.
• Media Activities - groups of your people writing and recording tv or radio style reports using the tv and radio studio facilities in the media centre. A fantastic opportunity to really feel what being a reporter is like.
• Cricket Poetry and Art experiences – young people can experience an LV= County Championship game and use the inspiration to write poetry or carry out art activities.
• Learning Beyond the Boundary Robotics – setting different robotic challenges such as getting a batter to hit the ball. Bowler to bowl the ball and then batter to run 3!
• Creative Curriculum Planning – using the facilities and experience of the staff to enhance existing curriculum planning.
Thanks to the valuable support form the Esh Charitable Trust, Cestria Community Housing, Port of Tyne, Northumbrian Water Ltd and Sunderland University. Durham County Cricket Foundation education programme aims to have contact with many more people in the next year, delivering more than 2,000 hours of education work to over 2,500 people in the community.
For more details on any of the programmes please contact Dave Ross on 0191 387 2899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Learning Beyond the Boundary website www.learningbeyondtheboundary.co.uk